How does this "mail" stuff work again?
Frequently Asked Questions
PO Lockout/PSD Lockout/90-Day Security Warning
• Only the pre-paid amount can be loaded onto the mailing machine.
• If it is credit account, a bill for all funds loaded on the mailing machine will be sent.
• The loaded funds are added to the Funds Available (Descending Register).
• The mailing machine may prompt for a PIN code depending on user settings. Enter the PIN code using the numeric keypad and press "OK".
• Funds must be available in your Customer Account on the server for download.
- Do Not Interrupt The Process
- When process is complete "Transaction Successful" will be displayed.
When process is complete the new account balance will be displayed.
To apply for a postage refund:
Zero WP on IM models
Cleaning ink cartridges automatically
• Select Maintenance.
• Select "Ink Cartridge".
• Select "Cleaning Process".
• The screen displays "Cartridge cleaning process in progress".
• The screen displays "Cartridge cleaning process complete".
• Press [OK].
• Press the Sleep/Wake Button twice to exit Supervisor Mode.
Step 8: Press the Sleep/Wake Button twice to exit Supervisor Mode.
Address Form, Hasler Customer Change Of Address Form. After waiting 24 hours, you
must perform an Update Registration on your mailing system in order for the new Zip Code
to take effect. For instructions on performing an Update Registration, click on the
appropriate link below.
• If you haven't moved but the Zip Code information in your mailing system needs to be
changed, you must first contact Customer Care and request that the customer information
be updated with the current Zip Code, Contact Us. you must then perform an Update
Registration on your mailing system in order for the new Zip Code to take effect. For
instructions on performing an Update Registration, click on the appropriate link below.
• If you do not have internet access contact Customer Care at 1-800-446-6027 to obtain the Hasler Customer Set-Up Maintenance Form, fill out the form and fax it to 1-800-572-1940.
After forms are filled out and faxed to Hasler:
• You will receive an e-mail within 24-hours indicating the address has been changed at the server. If you do not have e-mail access, wait 24-hours before performing the Update Registration process.
• Perform the Update Registration process.
Sealing: How it works
A Sealing Moistener:
• Is used to moisten the glue on the envelope and seal the flap closed.
• Consists of the brush assembly, sponge assembly, and water reservoir
all of which are used to moisten the glue on the envelope flaps.
• Uses an envelope flap separation blade to open the envelope flap slightly.
• Water is soaked up by the sponge.
• The brush rests on the sponge and water is drawn up into the brush.
• The envelope is moved into the sealer and the flap is opened slightly by the separation blade.
• The flap and glue strip are drawn past the wet brush where the water moistens the glue.
• The flap is pressed closed as the envelope moves through the machine and the indicia is printed.
• Sponge breaks down and does not soak up water.
• Brush becomes clogged with glue.
• Brush does not rest properly on the sponge to draw up water.
• Clean the Brush Assembly weekly with fresh water.
• Rinse out the sponge with fresh water weekly.
• Replace the brush assembly when the moistener is not moistening properly.
• Replace the sponge when it begins to break down and not soak up water properly.
water tank of the moistener.
• Water is soaked up by the sponge.
• The water reservior is filled through the fill hole.
• Water is drawn up by the brush from the sponge.
1. Remove the moistener assembly from the moistener unit by lifting straight up.
2. Raise the brush and remove it by rotating it to the right.
3. Remove the sponge by lifting the metal grid straight up being careful not to bend the grid.
4. Remove the sponge from the metal grid.
5. Rinse the brush and sponge with fresh warm tap water.
6. Inspect the condition of the brush and sponge and replace if the brush is worn or
the sponge is breaking down and not soaking up water.
7. Re-assemble the moistener assembly and insert it into the moistening unit.
8. Check operation by running an envelope through the moistener to make sure that the flap is sealed.
Loading Rate Changes
Follow to link to pick your specific model:
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) & Product Safety Data Sheets (PSDS)
Find the sheets you're looking for at the link below: